At Dental Confidence, our practice is well equipped with the latest proven technology utilised to create a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for our patients.
Our patients can be assured that every dental procedure is performed with the latest in proven technology from the hardware and equipment we use, to the techniques we choose in your treatment as well as superlative materials.
ZOOM! Whitening Machine
Whilst both types of whitening achieve really great results, in-surgery whitening is an instantaneous result. At Dental Confidence, in chair whitening can be done in our treatment rooms with a product called ZOOM. This chairside whitening procedure uses a safe whitening gel and a low intensity light to activate the gel.
- We use LED teeth whitening technology, this is 40% more effective than non-light activated teeth whitening systems.
- With our Zoom teeth whitening system you can get up-to 8 shades whiter teeth in 1.5 hour.
- We also provide custom made trays and whitening gel for you to continue to whiten at home. We will provide you with enough gel to top-up your whitening in 6-12 months – just to keep that smile nice and bright!
Laser dentistry uses a combination of YSGG laser energy and water to perform many traditional dental services. It transforms the experience for the patient as injections are rarely necessary and procedures that normally take several visits can be completed in a single appointment and a shorter time. At Dental confidence, we use laser dentistry for:
- Cavity preparation
- Decay removal
- Root canal treatment
- Smile design and gum lifts
- Periodontal treatment
- Soft tissue procedures
Low Dose, Digital X-Ray
At Dental Confidence, we have machines capable of taking extra-oral digital x-rays, including orthopantomogarm (OPG) and lateral cephalogram. Also we have machines capable of taking intra-oral digital xrays, including bitewings and periapical films.
This means your x-ray image is on the computer screen within 3 seconds of exposure to the x-ray sensor. In addition to that, digital x-rays emit up to 80% less radiation than traditional x-rays, which also require film and chemical processing. This makes the x-ray extremely safe.
They can be stored electronically and emailed to specialists to whom you may be referred for more complex procedures.
Digital x-rays also help us monitor your treatment progress. How often you will need to have updated digital x-rays will be dependent on your personal needs and diagnosis of your current oral health.
At Dental Confidence, we use rotary endodontics that employs electrically-powered instruments to perform the root canal treatment rather than traditional stainless-steel manual files. The electric hand tool is equipped with a tip constructed out of nickel titanium – a material that is five times more flexible than stainless steel. Due to the flexibility and unique movement of the nickel-titanium instrument, it can be inserted deeply into a curved root canal without stretching or damaging the passageway. This makes for a quick and reliable procedure.
At Dental Confidence, we use rotary endodontic methods as they offer many advantages over manual root canal treatments for several reasons:
- The nickel titanium cleans out the root canal much more smoothly and consistently.
- Rotary endodontic procedures are more reliable with less chance of complications.
- Rotary tools make the root canal procedure much faster.
- The electric tools are much quieter and smoother, without the loud grinding that accompanies manual files.
- The fast treatment time, in conjunction with quieter instruments, make for a much more comfortable and less frightening experience for patients.
Computerised Dental Records
Manual records are a thing of the past. We can now have your records on the screen within seconds. No need to look up your files and x-rays. This also means that your 6 monthly check-up and clean reminders are not forgotten.
At Dental Confidence, we use intra-oral cameras to help us show you what we are talking about or trying to explain. It helps you see what we can see. We can also do before and after shots of what we have done at your request. You can view your intra-oral images and x-rays on the chair monitor situated close to you while you are in the dental chair.